Hello, I hope that you have had a marvellous tail end of February!
Here is what I have been up to this week!
Here is what I have been up to this week!
~ Spring Bulbs & Buns ~
- 22nd - 28th February -
|Snoozy Saturdays // Hot Cross Buns // The Vintage Pattern Files Hits 1000! //|
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt // A cup of Hyacinths // Musical Miette
- Finally took some photos of my Miette Cardigan. It may have taken ALL of Saturday morning, but armed with my tripod, self-timer and fancy new studio light (birthday present and a mighty useful one in my dark and dingy flat), I finally managed to get a few in focus shots of that cardie, and some silly ones just for good measure! Full post soon to follow! Oh and no I can't actually play the Ukulele, but I can pretend!
- I started watching a new series on Netflix. I had actually sat down to start watching Jessica Jones as it has been calling to me for a while now (anything with David Tennant and I'm in), but I got sidetracked by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt which intrigued me. I'm glad I gave it a go, as it is rather charming, despite its totally bonkers plot! The main character Kimmy is utterly adorable with a wardrobe that Boden would be proud of, and the whole show has the feel of New Girl crossed with Pushing Daisies about it. Oh, and if you can watch it and the theme tune doesn't get stuck in your head for at least the next week, then you are a stronger person than I!
- I did a little Spring planting. For my birthday in December, my friend and work college, Christine gave me a fabulous giant polka dot tea cup planter as a gift. Though I know at thing or two about veg, I'll be honest I don't really know much about flowers and such, so I've been pondering for a while as what to put into it. This week after a chat with my boss as to what she thought would work best, she gave me in a set of four beautiful Hyacinth bulbs, which was very unexpected and very kind of her. I planted them up this weekend and I'm excitedly awaiting them to flower and to release their fabulous scent!
- I did no sewing, but I did do a little knitting. So rather than finishing off the hem on my box pleat skirt, like a good girl would, no instead I distracted myself by digging out another UFO from the pile. This time, my Land Girl Jumper I started back in 2011. All I had left to do was to make a decision whether to knit or not knit the sleeves. Now if you have been reading this blog for a while, then you will already know my feelings on knitting sleeves (psst...I hate knitting sleeves), so, in reality, my decision was rather easy; instead I choose to knit rib bands around the armhole openings and the neck, turning it into a pullover rather than a jumper, which suits me just fine! All I need to do now is sew in all the ends but it's, oh so very nearly done!
- Attempted to start a Spring clean. I have been wanting for a few weeks to have a big old spring clean, the kind where no stone or DVD is left unturned or undusted. I'd planned to start the attack this weekend, doing one room a week, but then a lazy cat decided to hamper my progress by falling asleep on my unmade, and about to be stripped bed, so I'll be honest, I lost my will to carry on. There is always next weekend and let's face it, it's always best to let sleeping cats lie - well mine anyway, he is a bitey little blighter!
- Booked tickets to see a big band. When I met up with my old work chum Alan for our trip to the cinema last week we had a discussion about our mutual love of 1940s big band music, he told me about the Syd Lawrence Orchestra, who will be playing at the Millfield Theatre, not far from where I work in April, he had wanted to see them play for a while, so after a call to some of his friends we decided to book up some tickets! I am actually really looking forward to it, though it does seem a little odd to me to be sitting in a theatre rather than say, a club or a venue where you can mill about, whilst listening to the music; however I am sure it still should be a good night out!
- Had a lazy Sunday morning. I after a quick trip to the local Co-op to get some bread for my usual Sunday breakfast toast, I decided instead to treat myself to some Hot Cross buns, well it was almost March! I usually struggle to just sit and read, partly due to an overactive mind which is always trying to get me up and doing something else, and partly because I read quite slowly, but this week I fought through the temptation to get up and managed to enjoy a very relaxed morning reading, eating toasted buns and sipping tea - it was bliss!
- My other blog reached 1000 followers. You may or may not know that I have another blog called The Vintage Pattern Files which is where I post daily links to fabulous free vintage knitting and sewing patterns that I have found across the world wide web! This week I was astonished to see that it had hit 1000 followers on Bloglovin! Now blog stats don't really mean a lot to me it's not why I blog, but I must say I was astounded to see it had reached so many followers, I might even have to have another hot cross bun to celebrate!
Has spring sprung yet where you are?