Wednesday 21 December 2011

A little Catch up...

Now that I finally have access to the Internet at home I can give you all a quick round-up of some of the things I've been up to over the last few months...

I Moved Home Hurrah!!
I've gone from one very overfilled room...


...to four rooms...oh and a share of a bit of garden!!!

These are the letting agents pics which make it all look much bigger than it really is, but even so, I can't begin to tell you how lovely it is to have a bit of space!

I've Done a Lot of Low Budget Decorating!
As we are only renting there is no way I can justify spending loads on making this place more presentable (though I can dream) But it is amazing how much of a difference a splash of white gloss can make and just how far a £12 giant tub of magnolia paint can go!!! (More on this later).

I've Found the Perfect DAB Station to Decorate To!
and cook too, tidy too and just generally dance and sing very badly too.
It's Absolute Radio's New Digital channel Absolute 60's (Listen to it online here) We listen to
BBC 6 Music at work which I really love, but when I come home I need something a bit more nostalgic to keep me going through the chores and as the 60's is my favourite era for music this station fits the bill perfectly!

I Now Officially Own White Goods!
A washing machine, cooker, and a fridge freezer...oh I feel like a grown up at last!
Oh and the Microwave was a birthday present from my parents!


I Had a Bath for the First Time in Years! 
I now that sounds worse than it is...promise!! The last place had a bath but it was very small and ALWAYS filthy, so showers were the only way to actually get clean!

I Had a Birthday and Finally Finished my 1950s bolero!
 Which was knitted as part of Bea's Vintage Knit Along and I got the chance to wear it with my Audrey Dress for a very yummy birthday meal!
 I Harvested Some Crops
A small but mighty allotment bounty, some was eaten straight away, some was pickled, some was frozen, but all of it tasted delicious!

I Bought a Tiny Real Christmas Tree!
The Boyfriend has named her 'Fiona' (Fiona Spruce to be exact!).
She is currently sitting by my front door waiting to be swathed in her festive apparel, of some solar powered lights!
After reading Katrin of Per bar one Penny post on how comfortable she had found her smashing new brogues, I decided I had to get myself a pair, hers were from Deichmann and to my complete surprise, I found they have a UK website! I was even more delighted to bag these little beauties for only £17.99 inc postage! I will certainly testify that they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn!!

So there you have it some of the things that have been keeping me busy. Sadly with moving I have not been able to find time to do my usual Christmas present crafting, which means I have had to buy store bought gifts for everyone this time which I do feel bad about, but there is always next year and hopefully they will be even more special! I'm off now to finish some more low budget Christmas decorating - posts to follow. The tree is up (although it's fallen over 3 times already...argh!) and sparkling I just need to add a bit more festiveness to the rest of the place!

Wendy x

14 comments:

  1. Haha, my first thought was "Hey, I know those shoes!", then I read it. I´m happy you like em, too :).
    Your new appartment looks lovely, I especially like the big window in the bathing room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy! Congratulations on your new place, it must be nice having your own space. And belated happy birthday, I hope it was a good one! Look forward to seeing more of you now you're internet connected again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, I LOVE 'Fiona Spruce'. Your boyfriend sounds like my mum, who named her potted palm Robert Plant.

    Congrats on the new place - always exciting. Oh, and belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those shoes are a dream! congratulations on your bath! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done so much and sound so happy! Your flat looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new pad! Bet you can't wait to put your own stamp on it! Your 50s bolero has turned out lovely too; I always reckon that you can't beat a good bolero as a cover up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations on the new flat! What a happy and festive post! I love your bolero and new shoes and look forward to seeing the decorated flat pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much going on, I'm so happy for you having a new home, and alrady for the new year too! Now I love the bllero and those shoes are rather cute too, so happy belated birthday and a very Merry Christmas! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh you look so pretty,
    congrats for the new flat, iam happy the nightmare is over,
    merry christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is too much to celebrate! Surely, worthy of several posts?!

    It's so lovely having your own place to decorate - I've finally been buying my grown up things like furniture and white godds, and it's so much nicer knowing they're yours... Congrats! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so much´s going on!
    New home? Gongrats!
    I love that tiny tree in a pot - we have one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new place looks nice and bright! Glad you have internet again as I missed reading your posts!!
    Have a fabulous New Year with lots of joy and love sweety!! And thanks for your sweet comment!
    May xx
    walkinginmay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, a new pad for you - fantastic start to a new year. Hope you had a good Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for your really lovely comments xxxx

    ReplyDelete